Dictionary Results for service|
1. service - noun
· work done by one person or group that benefits another; "budget separately for goods and services"
2. service - noun
· an act of help or assistance; "he did them a service"
Hypernym(s): aid, assist, assistance, help
3. service - noun
· the act of public worship following prescribed rules; "the Sunday service"
Synonym(s): religious_service, divine_service
Hypernym(s): religious_ceremony, religious_ritual
4. service - noun
· a company or agency that performs a public service; subject to government regulation
5. service - noun
· employment in or work for another; "he retired after 30 years of service"
Hypernym(s): employment, work
6. service - noun
· a force that is a branch of the armed forces
Synonym(s): military_service, armed_service
Hypernym(s): force, personnel
7. service - noun
· Canadian writer (born in England) who wrote about life in the Yukon Territory (1874-1958)
Synonym(s): Service, Robert_William_Service
8. service - noun
· a means of serving; "of no avail"; "there's no help for it"
Synonym(s): avail, help
9. service - noun
· tableware consisting of a complete set of articles (silver or dishware) for use at table
10. service - noun
· the act of mating by male animals; "the bull was worth good money in servicing fees"
Hypernym(s): coupling, mating, pairing, conjugation, union, sexual_union
11. service - noun
· (law) the acts performed by an English feudal tenant for the benefit of his lord which formed the consideration for the property granted to him
12. service - noun
· (sports) a stroke that puts the ball in play; "his powerful serves won the game"
Hypernym(s): tennis_stroke, tennis_shot
13. service - noun
· the act of delivering a writ or summons upon someone; "he accepted service of the subpoena"
Synonym(s): serving, service_of_process
Hypernym(s): delivery, bringing
14. service - noun
· periodic maintenance on a car or machine; "it was time for an overhaul on the tractor"
Synonym(s): overhaul, inspection_and_repair
Hypernym(s): care, maintenance, upkeep
15. service - noun
· the performance of duties by a waiter or servant; "that restaurant has excellent service"
16. service - verb
· be used by; as of a utility; "The sewage plant served the neighboring communities"; "The garage served to shelter his horses"
Hypernym(s): function, work, operate, go, run
17. service - verb
· make fit for use; "service my truck"; "the washing machine needs to be serviced"
Hypernym(s): tune, tune_up
18. service - verb
· mate with; "male animals serve the females for breeding purposes"
Hypernym(s): copulate, mate, pair, couple
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.