Dictionary Results for stimulate|
1. stimulate - verb
· act as a stimulant; "The book stimulated her imagination"; "This play stimulates"
Hypernym(s): affect, impact, bear_upon, bear_on, touch_on, touch
2. stimulate - verb
· cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner; "The ads induced me to buy a VCR"; "My children finally got me to buy a computer"; "My wife made me buy a new sofa"
Synonym(s): induce, cause, have, get, make
3. stimulate - verb
· stir the feelings, emotions, or peace of; "These stories shook the community"; "the civil war shook the country"
Synonym(s): shake, shake_up, excite, stir
Hypernym(s): arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke
4. stimulate - verb
· cause to be alert and energetic; "Coffee and tea stimulate me"; "This herbal infusion doesn't stimulate"
Synonym(s): arouse, brace, energize, energise, perk_up
5. stimulate - verb
· cause to occur rapidly; "the infection precipitated a high fever and allergic reactions"
Synonym(s): induce, rush, hasten
Hypernym(s): effect, effectuate, set_up
6. stimulate - verb
· stir feelings in; "stimulate my appetite"; "excite the audience"; "stir emotions"
Synonym(s): excite, stir
Hypernym(s): sensitize, sensitise
7. stimulate - verb
· provide the needed stimulus for
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.