1. suffer - verb
· undergo or be subjected to; "He suffered the penalty"; "Many saints suffered martyrdom"
2. suffer - verb
· undergo (as of injuries and illnesses); "She suffered a fracture in the accident"; "He had an insulin shock after eating three candy bars"; "She got a bruise on her leg"; "He got his arm broken in the scuffle"
3. suffer - verb
· experience (emotional) pain; "Every time her husband gets drunk, she suffers"
4. suffer - verb
· put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
5. suffer - verb
· get worse; "His grades suffered"
6. suffer - verb
· feel pain or be in pain
7. suffer - verb
· feel physical pain; "Were you hurting after the accident?"
8. suffer - verb
· feel unwell or uncomfortable; "She is suffering from the hot weather"
9. suffer - verb
· be given to; "She suffers from a tendency to talk too much"
10. suffer - verb
· undergo or suffer; "meet a violent death"; "suffer a terrible fate"
11. suffer - verb
· be set at a disadvantage; "This author really suffers in translation"; "The painting loses something in this light"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.