1. hold_back - verb
· hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of; "Arrest the downward trend"; "Check the growth of communism in South East Asia"; "Contain the rebel movement"; "Turn back the tide of communism"
2. hold_back - verb
· refrain from doing; "she forbore a snicker"
3. hold_back - verb
· wait before acting; "the scientists held off announcing their results until they repeated the experiment"
4. hold_back - verb
· secure and keep for possible future use or application; "The landlord retained the security deposit"; "I reserve the right to disagree"
5. hold_back - verb
· hold back; keep from being perceived by others; "She conceals her anger well"
6. hold_back - verb
· prevent the action or expression of; "hold back your anger"; "keep your cool"; "she struggled to restrain her impatience at the delays"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.