Dictionary Results for mouth|
1. mouth - noun
· the opening through which food is taken in and vocalizations emerge; "he stuffed his mouth with candy"
Synonym(s): oral_cavity, oral_fissure, rima_oris
2. mouth - noun
· the externally visible part of the oral cavity on the face and the system of organs surrounding the opening; "she wiped lipstick from her mouth"
Hypernym(s): orifice, opening, porta
3. mouth - noun
· an opening that resembles a mouth (as of a cave or a gorge); "he rode into the mouth of the canyon"; "they built a fire at the mouth of the cave"
Hypernym(s): opening, gap
4. mouth - noun
· the point where a stream issues into a larger body of water; "New York is at the mouth of the Hudson"
Hypernym(s): geological_formation, formation
5. mouth - noun
· a person conceived as a consumer of food; "he has four mouths to feed"
Hypernym(s): eater, feeder
6. mouth - noun
· a spokesperson (as a lawyer)
Hypernym(s): spokesperson, interpreter, representative, voice
7. mouth - noun
· an impudent or insolent rejoinder; "don't give me any of your sass"
Synonym(s): sass, sassing, backtalk, back_talk, lip
Hypernym(s): rejoinder, retort, return, riposte, replication, comeback, counter
8. mouth - noun
· the opening of a jar or bottle; "the jar had a wide mouth"
9. mouth - verb
· express in speech; "She talks a lot of nonsense"; "This depressed patient does not verbalize"
Synonym(s): talk, speak, utter, verbalize, verbalise
Hypernym(s): communicate, intercommunicate
10. mouth - verb
· articulate silently; form words with the lips only; "She mouthed a swear word"
Hypernym(s): feign, sham, pretend, affect, dissemble
11. mouth - verb
· touch with the mouth
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.