Dictionary Results for taste|
1. taste - noun
· the sensation that results when taste buds in the tongue and throat convey information about the chemical composition of a soluble stimulus; "the candy left him with a bad taste"; "the melon had a delicious taste"
Synonym(s): taste_sensation, gustatory_sensation, taste_perception, gustatory_perception
Hypernym(s): sensation, esthesis, aesthesis, sense_experience, sense_impression, sense_datum
2. taste - noun
· a strong liking; "my own preference is for good literature"; "the Irish have a penchant for blarney"
Synonym(s): preference, penchant, predilection
3. taste - noun
· delicate discrimination (especially of aesthetic values); "arrogance and lack of taste contributed to his rapid success"; "to ask at that particular time was the ultimate in bad taste"
Synonym(s): appreciation, discernment, perceptiveness
Hypernym(s): discrimination, secernment
4. taste - noun
· a brief experience of something; "he got a taste of life on the wild side"; "she enjoyed her brief taste of independence"
5. taste - noun
· a small amount eaten or drunk; "take a taste--you'll like it"
Hypernym(s): small_indefinite_quantity, small_indefinite_amount
6. taste - noun
· the faculty of distinguishing sweet, sour, bitter, and salty properties in the mouth; "his cold deprived him of his sense of taste"
Synonym(s): gustation, sense_of_taste, gustatory_modality
Hypernym(s): modality, sense_modality, sensory_system, exteroception
7. taste - noun
· a kind of sensing; distinguishing substances by means of the taste buds; "a wine tasting"
Hypernym(s): sensing, perception
8. taste - verb
· have flavor; taste of something
Synonym(s): savor, savour
9. taste - verb
· perceive by the sense of taste; "Can you taste the garlic?"
Hypernym(s): perceive, comprehend
10. taste - verb
· take a sample of; "Try these new crackers"; "Sample the regional dishes"
Synonym(s): sample, try, try_out
Hypernym(s): consume, ingest, take_in, take, have
11. taste - verb
· have a distinctive or characteristic taste; "This tastes of nutmeg"
Hypernym(s): taste, savor, savour
12. taste - verb
· distinguish flavors; "We tasted wines last night"
13. taste - verb
· experience briefly; "The ex-slave tasted freedom shortly before she died"
Hypernym(s): know, experience, live
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.