1. taste - noun
· the sensation that results when taste buds in the tongue and throat convey information about the chemical composition of a soluble stimulus; "the candy left him with a bad taste"; "the melon had a delicious taste"
2. taste - noun
· a strong liking; "my own preference is for good literature"; "the Irish have a penchant for blarney"
3. taste - noun
· delicate discrimination (especially of aesthetic values); "arrogance and lack of taste contributed to his rapid success"; "to ask at that particular time was the ultimate in bad taste"
4. taste - noun
· a brief experience of something; "he got a taste of life on the wild side"; "she enjoyed her brief taste of independence"
5. taste - noun
· a small amount eaten or drunk; "take a taste--you'll like it"
6. taste - noun
· the faculty of distinguishing sweet, sour, bitter, and salty properties in the mouth; "his cold deprived him of his sense of taste"
7. taste - noun
· a kind of sensing; distinguishing substances by means of the taste buds; "a wine tasting"
8. taste - verb
· have flavor; taste of something
9. taste - verb
· perceive by the sense of taste; "Can you taste the garlic?"
10. taste - verb
· take a sample of; "Try these new crackers"; "Sample the regional dishes"
11. taste - verb
· have a distinctive or characteristic taste; "This tastes of nutmeg"
12. taste - verb
· distinguish flavors; "We tasted wines last night"
13. taste - verb
· experience briefly; "The ex-slave tasted freedom shortly before she died"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.