1. take_in - verb
· provide with shelter
2. take_in - verb
· fool or hoax; "The immigrant was duped because he trusted everyone"; "You can't fool me!"
3. take_in - verb
· suck or take up or in; "A black star absorbs all matter"
4. take_in - verb
· visit for entertainment; "take in the sights"
5. take_in - verb
· call for and obtain payment of; "we collected over a million dollars in outstanding debts"; "he collected the rent"
6. take_in - verb
· see or watch; "view a show on television"; "This program will be seen all over the world"; "view an exhibition"; "Catch a show on Broadway"; "see a movie"
7. take_in - verb
· express willingness to have in one's home or environs; "The community warmly received the refugees"
8. take_in - verb
· fold up; "take in the sails"
9. take_in - verb
· take up mentally; "he absorbed the knowledge or beliefs of his tribe"
10. take_in - verb
· earn on some commercial or business transaction; earn as salary or wages; "How much do you make a month in your new job?"; "She earns a lot in her new job"; "this merger brought in lots of money"; "He clears $5,000 each month"
11. take_in - verb
· hear, usually without the knowledge of the speakers; "We overheard the conversation at the next table"
12. take_in - verb
· accept; "The cloth takes up the liquid"
13. take_in - verb
· take in, also metaphorically; "The sponge absorbs water well"; "She drew strength from the minister's words"
14. take_in - verb
· take up as if with a sponge
15. take_in - verb
· serve oneself to, or consume regularly; "Have another bowl of chicken soup!"; "I don't take sugar in my coffee"
16. take_in - verb
· take into one's family; "They adopted two children from Nicaragua"
17. take_in - verb
· make (clothes) smaller; "Please take in this skirt--I've lost weight"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.