Dictionary Results for absorb|
1. absorb - verb
· become imbued; "The liquids, light, and gases absorb"
Hypernym(s): sorb, take_up
2. absorb - verb
· take up mentally; "he absorbed the knowledge or beliefs of his tribe"
Synonym(s): assimilate, ingest, take_in
Hypernym(s): learn, larn, acquire
3. absorb - verb
· take up, as of debts or payments; "absorb the costs for something"
4. absorb - verb
· take in, also metaphorically; "The sponge absorbs water well"; "She drew strength from the minister's words"
Synonym(s): suck, imbibe, soak_up, sop_up, suck_up, draw, take_in, take_up
5. absorb - verb
· cause to become one with; "The sales tax is absorbed into the state income tax"
Hypernym(s): blend, flux, mix, conflate, commingle, immix, fuse, coalesce, meld, combine, merge
6. absorb - verb
· suck or take up or in; "A black star absorbs all matter"
7. absorb - verb
· devote (oneself) fully to; "He immersed himself into his studies"
Synonym(s): steep, immerse, engulf, plunge, engross, soak_up
Hypernym(s): concentrate, focus, center, centre, pore, rivet
8. absorb - verb
· assimilate or take in; "The immigrants were quickly absorbed into society"
Hypernym(s): receive, take_in, invite
9. absorb - verb
· consume all of one's attention or time; "Her interest in butterflies absorbs her completely"
Synonym(s): engross, engage, occupy
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.