1. absorb - verb
· become imbued; "The liquids, light, and gases absorb"
2. absorb - verb
· take up mentally; "he absorbed the knowledge or beliefs of his tribe"
3. absorb - verb
· take up, as of debts or payments; "absorb the costs for something"
4. absorb - verb
· take in, also metaphorically; "The sponge absorbs water well"; "She drew strength from the minister's words"
5. absorb - verb
· cause to become one with; "The sales tax is absorbed into the state income tax"
6. absorb - verb
· suck or take up or in; "A black star absorbs all matter"
7. absorb - verb
· devote (oneself) fully to; "He immersed himself into his studies"
8. absorb - verb
· assimilate or take in; "The immigrants were quickly absorbed into society"
9. absorb - verb
· consume all of one's attention or time; "Her interest in butterflies absorbs her completely"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.