1. adopt - verb
· choose and follow; as of theories, ideas, policies, strategies or plans; "She followed the feminist movement"; "The candidate espouses Republican ideals"
2. adopt - verb
· take up and practice as one's own
3. adopt - verb
· take on titles, offices, duties, responsibilities; "When will the new President assume office?"
4. adopt - verb
· take on a certain form, attribute, or aspect; "His voice took on a sad tone"; "The story took a new turn"; "he adopted an air of superiority"; "She assumed strange manners"; "The gods assume human or animal form in these fables"
5. adopt - verb
· take into one's family; "They adopted two children from Nicaragua"
6. adopt - verb
· put into dramatic form; "adopt a book for a screenplay"
7. adopt - verb
· take up the cause, ideology, practice, method, of someone and use it as one's own; "She embraced Catholicism"; "They adopted the Jewish faith"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.