1. visit - noun
· the act of going to see some person or place or thing for a short time; "he dropped by for a visit"
2. visit - noun
· a meeting arranged by the visitor to see someone (such as a doctor or lawyer) for treatment or advice; "he scheduled a visit to the dentist"
3. visit - noun
· the act of visiting in an official capacity (as for an inspection)
4. visit - noun
· the act of going to see some person in a professional capacity; "a visit to the dentist"
5. visit - noun
· a temporary stay (e.g., as a guest)
6. visit - verb
· go to see a place, as for entertainment; "We went to see the Eiffel Tower in the morning"
7. visit - verb
· go to certain places as for sightseeing; "Did you ever visit Paris?"
8. visit - verb
· pay a brief visit; "The mayor likes to call on some of the prominent citizens"
9. visit - verb
· come to see in an official or professional capacity; "The governor visited the prison"; "The grant administrator visited the laboratory"
10. visit - verb
· impose something unpleasant; "The principal visited his rage on the students"
11. visit - verb
· talk socially without exchanging too much information; "the men were sitting in the cafe and shooting the breeze"
12. visit - verb
· stay with as a guest; "Every summer, we visited our relatives in the country for a month"
13. visit - verb
· assail; "He was visited with a terrible illness that killed him quickly"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.