Dictionary Results for watch|
1. watch - noun
· a small portable timepiece
Hypernym(s): timepiece, timekeeper, horologe
2. watch - noun
· a period of time (4 or 2 hours) during which some of a ship's crew are on duty
Hypernym(s): shift, work_shift, duty_period
3. watch - noun
· a purposeful surveillance to guard or observe
4. watch - noun
· the period during which someone (especially a guard) is on duty
Hypernym(s): time_period, period_of_time, period
5. watch - noun
· a person employed to keep watch for some anticipated event
Synonym(s): lookout, lookout_man, sentinel, sentry, spotter, scout, picket
Hypernym(s): watchman, watcher, security_guard
6. watch - noun
· the rite of staying awake for devotional purposes (especially on the eve of a religious festival)
Hypernym(s): rite, religious_rite
7. watch - verb
· look attentively; "watch a basketball game"
8. watch - verb
· follow with the eyes or the mind; "Keep an eye on the baby, please!"; "The world is watching Sarajevo"; "She followed the men with the binoculars"
Synonym(s): observe, follow, watch_over, keep_an_eye_on
Hypernym(s): check, check_up_on, look_into, check_out, suss_out, check_over, go_over, check_into
9. watch - verb
· see or watch; "view a show on television"; "This program will be seen all over the world"; "view an exhibition"; "Catch a show on Broadway"; "see a movie"
Synonym(s): view, see, catch, take_in
10. watch - verb
· observe with attention; "They watched as the murderer was executed"
11. watch - verb
· be vigilant, be on the lookout or be careful; "Watch out for pickpockets!"
Synonym(s): look_out, watch_out
12. watch - verb
· observe or determine by looking; "Watch how the dog chases the cats away"
13. watch - verb
· find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort; "I want to see whether she speaks French"; "See whether it works"; "find out if he speaks Russian"; "Check whether the train leaves on time"
Synonym(s): determine, check, find_out, see, ascertain, learn
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.