Dictionary Results for retire|
1. retire - verb
· go into retirement; stop performing one's work or withdraw from one's position; "He retired at age 68"
Hypernym(s): leave_office, quit, step_down, resign
2. retire - verb
· withdraw from active participation; "He retired from chess"
Hypernym(s): discontinue, stop, cease, give_up, quit, lay_off
3. retire - verb
· pull back or move away or backward; "The enemy withdrew"; "The limo pulled away from the curb"
Synonym(s): withdraw, retreat, pull_away, draw_back, recede, pull_back, move_back
Hypernym(s): travel, go, move, locomote
4. retire - verb
· withdraw from circulation or from the market, as of bills, shares, and bonds
5. retire - verb
· break from a meeting or gathering; "We adjourned for lunch"; "The men retired to the library"
Synonym(s): adjourn, withdraw
Hypernym(s): close_up, close, fold, shut_down, close_down
6. retire - verb
· make (someone) retire; "The director was retired after the scandal"
Hypernym(s): displace, fire, give_notice, can, dismiss, give_the_axe, send_away, sack, force_out, give_the_sack, terminate
7. retire - verb
· dispose of (something no longer useful or needed); "She finally retired that old coat"
Hypernym(s): discard, fling, toss, toss_out, toss_away, chuck_out, cast_aside, dispose, throw_out, cast_out, throw_away, cast_away, put_away
8. retire - verb
· lose interest; "he retired from life when his wife died"
Hypernym(s): tire, pall, weary, fatigue, jade
9. retire - verb
· cause to be out on a fielding play
Hypernym(s): toy, fiddle, diddle, play
10. retire - verb
· cause to get out; "The pitcher retired three batters"; "the runner was put out at third base"
11. retire - verb
· prepare for sleep; "I usually turn in at midnight"; "He goes to bed at the crack of dawn"
Synonym(s): go_to_bed, turn_in, bed, crawl_in, kip_down, hit_the_hay, hit_the_sack, sack_out, go_to_sleep
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.