Dictionary Results for sack|
1. sack - noun
· a bag made of paper or plastic for holding customer's purchases
Synonym(s): poke, paper_bag, carrier_bag
2. sack - noun
· an enclosed space; "the trapped miners found a pocket of air"
Synonym(s): pouch, sac, pocket
Hypernym(s): cavity, enclosed_space
3. sack - noun
· the quantity contained in a sack
4. sack - noun
· any of various light dry strong white wine from Spain and Canary Islands (including sherry)
5. sack - noun
· a woman's full loose hiplength jacket
6. sack - noun
· a hanging bed of canvas or rope netting (usually suspended between two trees); swings easily
7. sack - noun
· a loose-fitting dress hanging straight from the shoulders without a waist
Synonym(s): chemise, shift
Hypernym(s): dress, frock
8. sack - noun
· the plundering of a place by an army or mob; usually involves destruction and slaughter; "the sack of Rome"
Hypernym(s): plundering, pillage, pillaging
9. sack - noun
· the termination of someone's employment (leaving them free to depart)
Synonym(s): dismissal, dismission, discharge, firing, liberation, release, sacking
Hypernym(s): termination, ending, conclusion
10. sack - verb
· plunder (a town) after capture; "the barbarians sacked Rome"
11. sack - verb
· terminate the employment of; discharge from an office or position; "The boss fired his secretary today"; "The company terminated 25% of its workers"
Synonym(s): displace, fire, give_notice, can, dismiss, give_the_axe, send_away, force_out, give_the_sack, terminate
12. sack - verb
· make as a net profit; "The company cleared $1 million"
Synonym(s): net, sack_up, clear
Hypernym(s): profit, gain, benefit
13. sack - verb
· put in a sack; "The grocer sacked the onions"
Hypernym(s): encase, incase, case
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.