Dictionary Results for fold|
1. fold - noun
· an angular or rounded shape made by folding; "a fold in the napkin"; "a crease in his trousers"; "a plication on her blouse"; "a flexure of the colon"; "a bend of his elbow"
Synonym(s): crease, plication, flexure, crimp, bend
Hypernym(s): angular_shape, angularity
2. fold - noun
· a group of people who adhere to a common faith and habitually attend a given church
Synonym(s): congregation, faithful
3. fold - noun
· a geological process that causes a bend in a stratum of rock
Hypernym(s): geological_process, geologic_process
4. fold - noun
· a group of sheep or goats
5. fold - noun
· a folded part (as in skin or muscle)
Hypernym(s): structure, anatomical_structure, complex_body_part, bodily_structure, body_structure
6. fold - noun
· a pen for sheep
Synonym(s): sheepfold, sheep_pen, sheepcote
7. fold - noun
· the act of folding; "he gave the napkins a double fold"
8. fold - verb
· bend or lay so that one part covers the other; "fold up the newspaper"; "turn up your collar"
Synonym(s): fold_up, turn_up
9. fold - verb
· incorporate a food ingredient into a mixture by repeatedly turning it over without stirring or beating; "Fold the egg whites into the batter"
Hypernym(s): integrate, incorporate
10. fold - verb
· cease to operate or cause to cease operating; "The owners decided to move and to close the factory"; "My business closes every night at 8 P.M."; "close up the shop"
Synonym(s): close_up, close, shut_down, close_down
11. fold - verb
· confine in a fold, like sheep
Hypernym(s): restrain, confine, hold, constrain
12. fold - verb
· become folded or folded up; "The bed folds in a jiffy"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.