Dictionary Results for fitting|
1. fitting - noun
· making or becoming suitable; adjusting to circumstances
Synonym(s): adjustment, accommodation
Hypernym(s): improvement, betterment, advance
2. fitting - noun
· a small and often standardized accessory to a larger system
Hypernym(s): accessory, appurtenance, supplement, add-on
3. fitting - noun
· (usually in the plural) furnishings and equipment (especially for a ship or hotel)
4. fitting - noun
· putting clothes on to see whether they fit
Synonym(s): try-on, trying_on
Hypernym(s): test, trial, run
5. fit - verb
· be agreeable or acceptable to; "This suits my needs"
Synonym(s): suit, accommodate
Hypernym(s): fit, conform_to, meet, satisfy, fill, fulfill, fulfil
6. fit - verb
· be the right size or shape; fit correctly or as desired; "This piece won't fit into the puzzle"
7. fit - verb
· make fit; "fit a dress"; "He fitted other pieces of paper to his cut-out"
Hypernym(s): shape, form
8. fit - verb
· insert or adjust several objects or people; "Can you fit the toy into the box?"; "This man can't fit himself into our work environment"
Hypernym(s): adapt, accommodate
9. fit - verb
· be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics; "The two stories don't agree in many details"; "The handwriting checks with the signature on the check"; "The suspect's fingerprints don't match those on the gun"
Synonym(s): match, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree
Hypernym(s): equal, be
10. fit - verb
· conform to some shape or size; "How does this shirt fit?"
11. fit - verb
· provide with (something) usually for a specific purpose; "The expedition was equipped with proper clothing, food, and other necessities"
Synonym(s): equip, fit_out, outfit
Hypernym(s): supply, provide, render, furnish
12. fit - verb
· fill, satisfy or meet a want or need or condtion ro restriction; "does this paper meet the requirements for the degree?"; "This job doesn't match my dreams"; "meet a need"
Synonym(s): conform_to, meet, satisfy, fill, fulfill, fulfil
Hypernym(s): provide, supply, ply, cater
13. fit - verb
· make correspond or harmonize; "Match my sweater"
Hypernym(s): adjust, set, correct
14. fitting - adjective
· in harmony with the spirit of particular persons or occasion; "a decent burial"; "We have come to dedicate a portion of that field...It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this"
15. fitting - adjective
· being precisely fitting and right; "it is only meet that she should be seated first"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.