1. try - verb
· make an effort or attempt; "He tried to shake off his fears"; "The infant had essayed a few wobbly steps"; "The police attempted to stop the thief"; "He sought to improve himself"; "She always seeks to do good in the world"
2. try - verb
· put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to; "This approach has been tried with good results"; "Test this recipe"
3. try - verb
· put on trial or hear a case and sit as the judge at the trial of; "The football star was tried for the murder of his wife"; "The judge tried both father and son in separate trials"
4. try - verb
· take a sample of; "Try these new crackers"; "Sample the regional dishes"
5. try - verb
· examine or hear (evidence or a case) by judicial process; "The jury had heard all the evidence"; "The case will be tried in California"
6. try - verb
· give pain or trouble to; "I've been sorely tried by these students"
7. try - verb
· test the limits of; "You are trying my patience!"
8. try - verb
· melt (fat or lard) in order to separate out impurities; "try the yak butter"; "render fat in a casserole"
9. try - verb
· put on a garment in order to see whether it fits and looks nice; "Try on this sweater to see how it looks"
10. tried - adjective
· tested and proved useful or correct; "a tested method"
11. tried - adjective
· tested and proved to be reliable
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.