1. put_on - verb
· put clothing on one's body; "What should I wear today?"; "He put on his best suit for the wedding"; "The princess donned a long blue dress"; "The queen assumed the stately robes"; "He got into his jeans"
2. put_on - verb
· add to something existing; "She put on a sun room"
3. put_on - verb
· put on the stove or ready for cooking; "put on the tea, please!"
4. put_on - verb
· carry out (performances); "They turned in a splendid effort"; "They turned in top jobs for the second straight game"
5. put_on - verb
· add to the odometer; "He put on 1,000 miles on this trip"
6. put_on - verb
· prepare and supply with the necessary equipment for execution or performance; "mount a theater production"; "mount an attack"; "mount a play"
7. put_on - verb
· apply to a surface; "She applied paint to the back of the house"; "Put on make-up!"
8. put_on - verb
· fool or hoax; "The immigrant was duped because he trusted everyone"; "You can't fool me!"
9. put_on - verb
· increase (one's body weight); "She gained 20 pounds when she stopped exercising"
10. put_on - adjective
· adopted in order to deceive; "an assumed name"; "an assumed cheerfulness"; "a fictitious address"; "fictive sympathy"; "a pretended interest"; "a put-on childish voice"; "sham modesty"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.