1. time - noun
· an instance or single occasion for some event; "this time he succeeded"; "he called four times"; "he could do ten at a clip"
2. time - noun
· a period of time considered as a resource under your control and sufficient to accomplish something; "take time to smell the roses"; "I didn't have time to finish"; "it took more than half my time"; "he waited for a long time"
3. time - noun
· an indefinite period (usually marked by specific attributes or activities); "the time of year for planting"; "he was a great actor in his time"
4. time - noun
· a suitable moment; "it is time to go"
5. time - noun
· the continuum of experience in which events pass from the future through the present to the past; "he waited for along time"; "it took some time before he got an answer"; "time flies like an arrow"
6. time - noun
· a person's experience on a particular occasion; "he had a time holding back the tears"; "they had a good time together"
7. time - noun
· a reading of a point in time as given by a clock; "do you know what time it is?"; "the time is 10 o'clock"
8. time - noun
· the fourth coordinate that is required (along with three spatial dimensions) to specify a physical event
9. time - noun
· rhythm as given by division into parts of equal duration
10. time - noun
· the period of time a prisoner is imprisoned; "he served a prison term of 15 months"; "his sentence was 5 to 10 years"; "he is doing time in the county jail"
11. time - verb
· measure the time or duration of an event or action or the person who performs an action in a certain period of time; "he clocked the runners"
12. time - verb
· assign a time for an activity or event; "The candidate carefully timed his appearance at the disaster scene"
13. time - verb
· set the speed, duration, or execution of; "we time the process to manufacture our cars very precisely"
14. time - verb
· regulate or set the time of; "time the clock"
15. time - verb
· adjust so that a force is applied and an action occurs at the desired time; "The good player times his swing so as to hit the ball squarely"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.