1. second - noun
· 1/60 of a minute; the basic unit of time adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites
2. second - noun
· an indefinitely short time; "wait just a moment"; "in a mo"; "it only takes a minute"; "in just a bit"
3. second - noun
· the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed near the second of the bases in the infield
4. second - noun
· a particular point in time; "the moment he arrived the party began"
5. second - noun
· following the first in an ordering or series; "he came in a close second"
6. second - noun
· a 60th part of a minute of arc; "the treasure is 2 minutes and 45 seconds south of here"
7. second - noun
· the official attendant of a contestant in a duel or boxing match
8. second - noun
· a speech seconding a motion; "do I hear a second?"
9. second - noun
· the gear that has the second lowest forward gear ratio in the gear box of a motor vehicle; "he had to shift down into second to make the hill"
10. second - noun
· merchandise that has imperfections; usually sold at a reduced price without the brand name
11. second - verb
· give support or one's approval to; "I'll second that motion"; "I can't back this plan"; "endorse a new project"
12. second - verb
· transfer an employee to a different, temporary assignment; "The officer was seconded for duty overseas"
13. second - adjective
· coming next after the first in position in space or time or degree or magnitude
14. second - adjective
· a part or voice or instrument or orchestra section lower in pitch than or subordinate to the first; "second flute"; "the second violins"
15. second - adverb
· in the second place; "second, we must consider the economy"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.