1. first - noun
· the first or highest in an ordering or series; "He wanted to be the first"
2. first - noun
· the first element in a countable series; "the first of the month"
3. first - noun
· the time at which something is supposed to begin; "they got an early start"; "she knew from the get-go that he was the man for her"
4. first - noun
· the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed at first of the bases in the infield (counting counterclockwise from home plate)
5. first - noun
· an honours degree of the highest class
6. first - noun
· the lowest forward gear ratio in the gear box of a motor vehicle; used to start a car moving
7. first - adjective
· preceding all others in time or space or degree; "the first house on the right"; "the first day of spring"; "his first political race"; "her first baby"; "the first time"; "the first meetings of the new party"; "the first phase of his training"
8. first - adjective
· indicating the beginning unit in a series
9. first - adjective
· serving to set in motion; "the magazine's inaugural issue"; "the initiative phase in the negotiations"; "an initiatory step toward a treaty"; "his first (or maiden) speech in Congress"; "the liner's maiden voyage"
10. first - adjective
· serving to begin; "the beginning canto of the poem"; "the first verse"
11. first - adjective
· ranking above all others; "was first in her class"; "the foremost figure among marine artists"; "the top graduate"
12. first - adjective
· highest in pitch or chief among parts or voices or instruments or orchestra sections; "first soprano"; "the first violin section"; "played first horn"
13. first - adverb
· before anything else; "first we must consider the garter snake"
14. first - adverb
· the initial time; "when Felix first saw a garter snake"
15. first - adverb
· before another in time, space, or importance; "I was here first"; "let's do this job first"
16. first - adverb
· prominently forward; "he put his best foot foremost"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.