1. term - noun
· a word or expression used for some particular thing; "he learned many medical terms"
2. term - noun
· a limited period of time; "a prison term"; "he left school before the end of term"
3. term - noun
· (usually plural) a statement of what is required as part of an agreement; "the contract set out the conditions of the lease"; "the terms of the treaty were generous"
4. term - noun
· any distinct quantity contained in a polynomial; "the general term of an algebraic equation of the n-th degree"
5. term - noun
· one of the substantive phrases in a logical proposition; "the major term of a syllogism must occur twice"
6. term - noun
· the end of gestation or point at which birth is imminent; "a healthy baby born at full term"
7. term - noun
· (architecture) a statue or a human bust or an animal carved out of the top of a square pillar; originally used as a boundary marker in ancient Rome
8. term - verb
· name formally or designate with a term
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.