1. string - noun
· a lightweight cord
2. string - noun
· stringed instruments that are played with a bow; "the strings played superlatively well"
3. string - noun
· a tightly stretched cord of wire or gut, as a part of an instrument or a tennis racket
4. string - noun
· a sequentially ordered set of things or events or ideas in which each successive member is related to the preceding; "a string of islands"; "train of mourners"; "a train of thought"
5. string - noun
· a linear sequence (as of characters, words, proteins, etc.)
6. string - noun
· a tie consisting of a cord that goes through a seam around an opening; "he pulled the drawstring and closed the bag"
7. string - noun
· a tough piece of fiber in vegetables, meat, or other food (especially the tough fibers connecting the two halves of a bean pod)
8. string - noun
· (cosmology) a hypothetical one-dimensional subatomic particle having a concentration of energy and the dynamic properties of a flexible loop
9. string - noun
· a collection of objects threaded on a single strand
10. string - noun
· a necklace made by stringing objects together; "a string of beads"; "a strand of pearls"
11. string - verb
· thread on or as if on a string; "string pearls on a string"; "the child drew glass beads on a string"; "thread dried cranberries"
12. string - verb
· add as if on a string; "string these ideas together"; "string up these songs and you'll have a musical"
13. string - verb
· move or come along
14. string - verb
· stretch out or arrange like a string
15. string - verb
· string together; tie or fasten with a string; "string the package"
16. string - verb
· remove the stringy parts of; "string beans"
17. string - verb
· provide with strings; "string my guitar"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.