1. color - noun
· a visual attribute of things that results from the light they emit or transmit or reflect; "a white color is made up of many different wavelengths of light"
2. color - noun
· interest and variety and intensity; "the Puritan Period was lacking in color"; "the characters were delineated with exceptional vividness"
3. color - noun
· the timbre of a musical sound; "the recording fails to capture the true color of the original music"
4. color - noun
· an outward or token appearance or form that is deliberately misleading; "he hoped his claims would have a semblance of authenticity"; "he tried to give his falsehood the gloss of moral sanction"; "the situation soon took on a different color"
5. color - noun
· any material used for its color; "she used a different color for the trim"
6. color - noun
· (physics) the characteristic of quarks that determines their role in the strong interaction; "each flavor of quarks comes in three colors"
7. color - noun
· the appearance of objects (or light sources) described in terms of a person's perception of their hue and lightness (or brightness) and saturation
8. color - verb
· add color to; "The child colored the drawings"; "Fall colored the trees"; "colorize black and white film"
9. color - verb
· affect as in thought or feeling; "My personal feelings color my judgment in this case"; "The sadness tinged his life"
10. color - verb
· modify or bias; "His political ideas color his lectures"
11. color - verb
· decorate with colors; "color the walls with paint in warm tones"
12. color - verb
· give a deceptive explanation or excuse for; "color a lie"
13. color - verb
· change color, often in an undesired manner; "The shirts discolored"
14. color - adjective
· having or capable of producing colors; "color film"; "he rented a color television"; "marvelous color illustrations"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.