1. gloss - noun
· an explanation or definition of an obscure word in a text
2. gloss - noun
· an alphabetical list of technical terms in some specialized field of knowledge; usually published as an appendix to a text on that field
3. gloss - noun
· the property of being smooth and shiny
4. gloss - noun
· an outward or token appearance or form that is deliberately misleading; "he hoped his claims would have a semblance of authenticity"; "he tried to give his falsehood the gloss of moral sanction"; "the situation soon took on a different color"
5. gloss - verb
· give a shine or gloss to, usually by rubbing
6. gloss - verb
· provide interlinear explanations for words or phrases; "He annotated on what his teacher had written"
7. gloss - verb
· provide an interlinear translation of a word or phrase
8. gloss - verb
· give a deceptive explanation or excuse for; "color a lie"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.