1. gloss - noun
· an explanation or definition of an obscure word in a text
2. gloss - noun
· an alphabetical list of technical terms in some specialized field of knowledge; usually published as an appendix to a text on that field
3. gloss - noun
· the property of being smooth and shiny
4. gloss - noun
· an outward or token appearance or form that is deliberately misleading; "he hoped his claims would have a semblance of authenticity"; "he tried to give his falsehood the gloss of moral sanction"; "the situation soon took on a different color"
5. gloss - verb
· give a shine or gloss to, usually by rubbing
6. gloss - verb
· provide interlinear explanations for words or phrases; "He annotated on what his teacher had written"
7. gloss - verb
· provide an interlinear translation of a word or phrase
8. gloss - verb
· give a deceptive explanation or excuse for; "color a lie"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.