1. accept - verb
· consider or hold as true; "I cannot accept the dogma of this church"; "accept an argument"
2. accept - verb
· receive willingly something given or offered; "The only girl who would have him was the miller's daughter"; "I won't have this dog in my house!"; "Please accept my present"
3. accept - verb
· give an affirmative reply to; respond favorably to; "I cannot accept your invitation"; "I go for this resolution"
4. accept - verb
· react favorably to; consider right and proper; "People did not accept atonal music at that time"; "We accept the idea of universal health care"
5. accept - verb
· admit into a group or community; "accept students for graduate study"; "We'll have to vote on whether or not to admit a new member"
6. accept - verb
· take on as one's own the expenses or debts of another person; "I'll accept the charges"; "She agreed to bear the responsibility"
7. accept - verb
· tolerate or accommodate oneself to; "I shall have to accept these unpleasant working conditions"; "I swallowed the insult"; "She has learned to live with her husband's little idiosyncrasies"
8. accept - verb
· be designed to hold or take; "This surface will not take the dye"
9. accept - verb
· receive (a report) officially, as from a committee
10. accept - verb
· make use of or accept for some purpose; "take a risk"; "take an opportunity"
11. accept - verb
· be sexually responsive to, used of a female domesticated mammal; "The cow accepted the bull"
12. accepting - adjective
· tolerating without protest; "always more accepting of coaching suggestion than her teammates"; "the atmosphere was judged to be more supporting and accepting"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.