1. receive - verb
· get something; come into possession of; "receive payment"; "receive a gift"; "receive letters from the front"
2. receive - verb
· receive a specified treatment (abstract); "These aspects of civilization do not find expression or receive an interpretation"; "His movie received a good review"; "I got nothing but trouble for my good intentions"
3. receive - verb
· register (perceptual input); "pick up a signal"
4. receive - verb
· go through (mental or physical states or experiences); "get an idea"; "experience vertigo"; "get nauseous"; "receive injuries"; "have a feeling"
5. receive - verb
· express willingness to have in one's home or environs; "The community warmly received the refugees"
6. receive - verb
· accept as true or valid; "He received Christ"
7. receive - verb
· bid welcome to; greet upon arrival
8. receive - verb
· convert into sounds or pictures; "receive the incoming radio signals"
9. receive - verb
· experience as a reaction; "My proposal met with much opposition"
10. receive - verb
· have or give a reception; "The lady is receiving Sunday morning"
11. receive - verb
· receive as a retribution or punishment; "He got 5 years in prison"
12. receive - verb
· partake of the Holy Eucharist sacrament
13. receive - verb
· regard favorably or with disapproval; "Her new collection of poems was not well received"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.