1. invite - noun
· a colloquial expression for invitation; "he didn't get no invite to the party"
2. invite - verb
· increase the likelihood of; "ask for trouble"; "invite criticism"
3. invite - verb
· invite someone to one's house; "Can I invite you for dinner on Sunday night?"
4. invite - verb
· give rise to a desire by being attractive or inviting; "the window displays tempted the shoppers"
5. invite - verb
· ask someone in a friendly way to do something
6. invite - verb
· have as a guest; "I invited them to a restaurant"
7. invite - verb
· ask to enter; "We invited the neighbors in for a cup of coffee"
8. invite - verb
· request the participation or presence of; "The organizers invite submissions of papers for the conference"
9. invite - verb
· express willingness to have in one's home or environs; "The community warmly received the refugees"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.