1. take_on - verb
· take on a certain form, attribute, or aspect; "His voice took on a sad tone"; "The story took a new turn"; "he adopted an air of superiority"; "She assumed strange manners"; "The gods assume human or animal form in these fables"
2. take_on - verb
· take on titles, offices, duties, responsibilities; "When will the new President assume office?"
3. take_on - verb
· accept as a challenge; "I'll tackle this difficult task"
4. take_on - verb
· admit into a group or community; "accept students for graduate study"; "We'll have to vote on whether or not to admit a new member"
5. take_on - verb
· contend against an opponent in a sport, game, or battle; "Princeton plays Yale this weekend"; "Charlie likes to play Mary"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.