Dictionary Results for tilt|
1. tilt - noun
· a combat between two mounted knights tilting against each other with blunted lances
Hypernym(s): struggle, battle
2. tilt - noun
· a contentious speech act; a dispute where there is strong disagreement; "they were involved in a violent argument"
Synonym(s): controversy, contention, contestation, disputation, disceptation, argument, arguing
Hypernym(s): dispute, difference, difference_of_opinion, conflict
3. tilt - noun
· a slight but noticeable partiality; "the court's tilt toward conservative rulings"
Hypernym(s): partiality, partisanship
4. tilt - noun
· the property possessed by a line or surface that departs from the vertical; "the tower had a pronounced tilt"; "the ship developed a list to starboard"; "he walked with a heavy inclination to the right"
Synonym(s): list, inclination, lean, leaning
Hypernym(s): position, spatial_relation
5. tilt - noun
· pitching dangerously to one side
Synonym(s): rock, careen, sway
Hypernym(s): lurch, pitch, pitching
6. tilt - verb
· to incline or bend from a vertical position; "She leaned over the banister"
Synonym(s): lean, tip, slant, angle
Hypernym(s): bend, flex
7. tilt - verb
· heel over; "The tower is tilting"; "The ceiling is slanting"
Synonym(s): cant, cant_over, slant, pitch
8. tilt - verb
· move sideways or in an unsteady way; "The ship careened out of control"
Synonym(s): careen, wobble, shift
9. tilt - verb
· charge with a tilt
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.