Dictionary Results for leaning|
1. leaning - noun
· an inclination to do something; "he felt leanings toward frivolity"
Synonym(s): propensity, tendency
2. leaning - noun
· a natural inclination; "he has a proclivity for exaggeration"
Synonym(s): proclivity, propensity
Hypernym(s): inclination, disposition, tendency
3. leaning - noun
· the property possessed by a line or surface that departs from the vertical; "the tower had a pronounced tilt"; "the ship developed a list to starboard"; "he walked with a heavy inclination to the right"
Synonym(s): tilt, list, inclination, lean
Hypernym(s): position, spatial_relation
4. leaning - noun
· the act of deviating from a vertical position
Hypernym(s): act, deed, human_action, human_activity
5. lean - verb
· to incline or bend from a vertical position; "She leaned over the banister"
Synonym(s): tilt, tip, slant, angle
Hypernym(s): bend, flex
6. lean - verb
· cause to lean or incline; "He leaned his rifle against the wall"
Hypernym(s): put, set, place, pose, position, lay
7. lean - verb
· have a tendency or disposition to do or be something; be inclined; "She tends to be nervous before her lectures"; "These dresses run small"; "He inclined to corpulence"
Synonym(s): tend, be_given, incline, run
8. lean - verb
· rely on for support; "We can lean on this man"
9. lean - verb
· cause to lean to the side; "Erosion listed the old tree"
10. leaning - adjective
· departing or being caused to depart from the true vertical or horizontal; "the leaning tower of Pisa"; "the headstones were tilted"
Synonym(s): atilt, canted, tilted, tipped
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.