Dictionary Results for tip|
1. tip - noun
· the extreme end of something; especially something pointed
Hypernym(s): end, terminal
2. tip - noun
· a relatively small amount of money given for services rendered (as by a waiter)
Synonym(s): gratuity, pourboire, baksheesh, bakshish, bakshis, backsheesh
Hypernym(s): fringe_benefit, perquisite, perk
3. tip - noun
· an indication of potential opportunity; "he got a tip on the stock market"; "a good lead for a job"
Synonym(s): lead, steer, confidential_information, wind, hint
Hypernym(s): guidance, counsel, counseling, counselling, direction
4. tip - noun
· a V shape; "the cannibal's teeth were filed to sharp points"
Synonym(s): point, peak
Hypernym(s): convex_shape, convexity
5. tip - noun
· the top or extreme point of something (usually a mountain or hill); "the view from the peak was magnificent"; "they clambered to the tip of Monadnock"; "the region is a few molecules wide at the summit"
Synonym(s): peak, crown, crest, top, summit
Hypernym(s): topographic_point, place, spot
6. tip - verb
· cause to tilt; "tip the screen upward"
7. tip - verb
· mark with a tip; "tip the arrow with the small stone"
8. tip - verb
· give a tip or gratuity to in return for a service, beyond the compensation agreed on; "Remember to tip the waiter"; "fee the steward"
Synonym(s): fee, bung
Hypernym(s): give, gift, present
9. tip - verb
· cause to topple or tumble by pushing
Synonym(s): topple, tumble
Hypernym(s): push, force
10. tip - verb
· to incline or bend from a vertical position; "She leaned over the banister"
Synonym(s): lean, tilt, slant, angle
Hypernym(s): bend, flex
11. tip - verb
· walk on one's toes
Synonym(s): tiptoe, tippytoe
12. tip - verb
· strike lightly; "He tapped me on the shoulder"
13. tip - verb
· give insider information or advise to; "He tipped off the police about the terrorist plot"
Hypernym(s): rede, advise, counsel
14. tip - verb
· remove the tip from; "tip artichokes"
Hypernym(s): remove, take, take_away, withdraw
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.