Dictionary Results for remove|
1. remove - noun
· degree of figurative distance or separation; "just one remove from madness"; "it imitates at many removes a Shakespearean tragedy"
2. remove - verb
· remove something concrete, as by lifting, pushing, or taking off, or remove something abstract; "remove a threat"; "remove a wrapper"; "Remove the dirty dishes from the table"; "take the gun from your pocket"; "This machine withdraws heat from the environment"
Synonym(s): take, take_away, withdraw
3. remove - verb
· remove from a position or an office
4. remove - verb
· dispose of; "Get rid of these old shoes!"; "The company got rid of all the dead wood"
5. remove - verb
· cause to leave; "The teacher took the children out of the classroom"
Synonym(s): take_out, move_out
6. remove - verb
· shift the position or location of, as for business, legal, educational, or military purposes; "He removed his children to the countryside"; "Remove the troops to the forest surrounding the city"; "remove a case to another court"
Hypernym(s): transfer, shift
7. remove - verb
· go away or leave; "He absented himself"
Hypernym(s): disappear, vanish, go_away
8. remove - verb
· kill intentionally and with premeditation; "The mafia boss ordered his enemies murdered"
Synonym(s): murder, slay, hit, dispatch, bump_off, off, polish_off
9. remove - verb
· get rid of something abstract; "The death of her mother removed the last obstacle to their marriage"; "God takes away your sins"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.