Dictionary Results for pitch|
1. pitch - noun
· the property of sound that varies with variation in the frequency of vibration
2. pitch - noun
· (baseball) the act of throwing a baseball by a pitcher to a batter
3. pitch - noun
· a vendor's position (especially on the sidewalk); "he was employed to see that his paper's news pitches were not trespassed upon by rival vendors"
Hypernym(s): position, place
4. pitch - noun
· promotion by means of an argument and demonstration
Synonym(s): sales_talk, sales_pitch
Hypernym(s): promotion, promo, publicity, promotional_material, packaging
5. pitch - noun
· degree of deviation from a horizontal plane; "the roof had a steep pitch"
Synonym(s): rake, slant
Hypernym(s): gradient, slope
6. pitch - noun
· any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue
7. pitch - noun
· a sports field with predetermined dimensions for playing soccer
Hypernym(s): playing_field, athletic_field, playing_area, field
8. pitch - noun
· a high approach shot in golf
Hypernym(s): approach, approach_shot
9. pitch - noun
· an all-fours game in which the first card led is a trump
Hypernym(s): all_fours, high-low-jack
10. pitch - noun
· abrupt up-and-down motion (as caused by a ship or other conveyance); "the pitching and tossing was quite exciting"
Synonym(s): lurch, pitching
Hypernym(s): motion, movement, move, motility
11. pitch - noun
· the action or manner of throwing something; "his pitch fell short and his hat landed on the floor"
12. pitch - verb
· throw or toss with a light motion; "flip me the beachball"; "toss me newspaper"
Synonym(s): flip, toss, sky
13. pitch - verb
· move abruptly; "The ship suddenly lurched to the left"
Synonym(s): lurch, shift
14. pitch - verb
· fall or plunge forward; "She pitched over the railing of the balcony"
Hypernym(s): descend, fall, go_down, come_down
15. pitch - verb
· set to a certain pitch; "He pitched his voice very low"
16. pitch - verb
· sell or offer for sale from place to place
Synonym(s): peddle, monger, huckster, hawk, vend
Hypernym(s): deal, sell, trade
17. pitch - verb
· be at an angle; "The terrain sloped down"
Synonym(s): slope, incline
Hypernym(s): lean, tilt, tip, slant, angle
18. pitch - verb
· heel over; "The tower is tilting"; "The ceiling is slanting"
Synonym(s): cant, cant_over, tilt, slant
19. pitch - verb
· erect and fasten; "pitch a tent"
Hypernym(s): rear, erect
20. pitch - verb
· throw or hurl from the mound to the batter, as in baseball; "The pitcher delivered the ball"
21. pitch - verb
· hit (a golf ball) in a high arc with a backspin
22. pitch - verb
· lead (a card) and establish the trump suit
23. pitch - verb
· set the level or character of; "She pitched her speech to the teenagers in the audience"
Hypernym(s): adapt, accommodate
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.