Dictionary Results for lurch|
1. lurch - noun
· an unsteady uneven gait
Synonym(s): stumble, stagger
2. lurch - noun
· a decisive defeat in a game (especially in cribbage)
Hypernym(s): defeat, licking
3. lurch - noun
· abrupt up-and-down motion (as caused by a ship or other conveyance); "the pitching and tossing was quite exciting"
Synonym(s): pitch, pitching
Hypernym(s): motion, movement, move, motility
4. lurch - noun
· the act of moving forward suddenly
Hypernym(s): motion, movement, move
5. lurch - verb
· walk as if unable to control one's movements; "The drunken man staggered into the room"
Synonym(s): stagger, reel, keel, swag, careen
6. lurch - verb
· move abruptly; "The ship suddenly lurched to the left"
Synonym(s): pitch, shift
7. lurch - verb
· move slowly and unsteadily; "The truck lurched down the road"
Hypernym(s): travel, go, move, locomote
8. lurch - verb
· loiter about, with no apparent aim
Hypernym(s): loiter, lounge, footle, lollygag, loaf, lallygag, hang_around, mess_about, tarry, linger, lurk, mill_about, mill_around
9. lurch - verb
· defeat by a lurch
Hypernym(s): get_the_better_of, overcome, defeat
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.