Dictionary Results for conflict|
1. conflict - noun
· an open clash between two opposing groups (or individuals); "the harder the conflict the more glorious the triumph"--Thomas Paine; "police tried to control the battle between the pro- and anti-abortion mobs"
Synonym(s): struggle, battle
2. conflict - noun
· opposition between two simultaneous but incompatible feelings; "he was immobilized by conflict and indecision"
Hypernym(s): ambivalence, ambivalency
3. conflict - noun
· a hostile meeting of opposing military forces in the course of a war; "Grant won a decisive victory in the battle of Chickamauga"; "he lost his romantic ideas about war when he got into a real engagement"
Synonym(s): battle, fight, engagement
Hypernym(s): military_action, action
4. conflict - noun
· a state of opposition between persons or ideas or interests; "his conflict of interest made him ineligible for the post"; "a conflict of loyalties"
5. conflict - noun
· an incompatibility of dates or events; "he noticed a conflict in the dates of the two meetings"
6. conflict - noun
· opposition in a work of drama or fiction between characters or forces (especially an opposition that motivates the development of the plot); "this form of conflict is essential to Mann's writing"
Hypernym(s): opposition, oppositeness
7. conflict - noun
· a disagreement or argument about something important; "he had a dispute with his wife"; "there were irreconcilable differences"; "the familiar conflict between Republicans and Democrats"
Synonym(s): dispute, difference, difference_of_opinion
8. conflict - verb
· be in conflict; "The two proposals conflict!"
Hypernym(s): contrast, counterpoint
9. conflict - verb
· go against, as of rules and laws; "He ran afoul of the law"; "This behavior conflicts with our rules"
Synonym(s): run_afoul, infringe, contravene
Hypernym(s): transgress, offend, infract, violate, go_against, breach, break
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.