Dictionary Results for engagement|
1. engagement - noun
· a hostile meeting of opposing military forces in the course of a war; "Grant won a decisive victory in the battle of Chickamauga"; "he lost his romantic ideas about war when he got into a real engagement"
Synonym(s): battle, conflict, fight
Hypernym(s): military_action, action
2. engagement - noun
· a meeting arranged in advance; "she asked how to avoid kissing at the end of a date"
Synonym(s): date, appointment
Hypernym(s): meeting, get_together
3. engagement - noun
· a mutual promise to marry
Synonym(s): betrothal, troth
4. engagement - noun
· the act of giving someone a job
5. engagement - noun
· employment for performers or performing groups that lasts for a limited period of time; "the play had bookings throughout the summer"
Hypernym(s): employment, work
6. engagement - noun
· contact by fitting together; "the engagement of the clutch"; "the meshing of gears"
Synonym(s): mesh, meshing, interlocking
Hypernym(s): contact, impinging, striking
7. engagement - noun
· the act of sharing in the activities of a group; "the teacher tried to increase his students' engagement in class activities"
Synonym(s): participation, involvement, involution
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.