Dictionary Results for bolt|
1. bolt - noun
· a discharge of lightning accompanied by thunder
Synonym(s): thunderbolt, bolt_of_lightning
2. bolt - noun
· a sliding bar in a breech-loading firearm that ejects an empty cartridge and replaces it and closes the breech
3. bolt - noun
· the part of a lock that is engaged or withdrawn with a key
4. bolt - noun
· the act of moving with great haste; "he made a dash for the door"
Hypernym(s): haste, hurry, rush, rushing
5. bolt - noun
· a roll of cloth or wallpaper of a definite length
6. bolt - noun
· a screw that screws into a nut to form a fastener
7. bolt - noun
· a sudden abandonment (as from a political party)
Hypernym(s): abandonment, forsaking, desertion
8. bolt - verb
· move or jump suddenly; "She bolted from her seat"
9. bolt - verb
· secure or lock with a bolt; "bolt the door"
10. bolt - verb
· swallow hastily
Hypernym(s): swallow, get_down
11. bolt - verb
· run away; usually includes taking something or somebody along; "The thief made off with our silver"; "the accountant absconded with the cash from the safe"
Synonym(s): abscond, absquatulate, decamp, run_off, go_off, make_off
Hypernym(s): flee, fly, take_flight
12. bolt - verb
· leave suddenly and as if in a hurry; "The listeners bolted when he discussed his strange ideas"; "When she started to tell silly stories, I ran out"
Synonym(s): run_off, run_out, bolt_out, beetle_off
Hypernym(s): leave, go_forth, go_away
13. bolt - verb
· eat hastily without proper chewing; "Don't bolt your food!"
14. bolt - verb
· make or roll into bolts; "bolt fabric"
Hypernym(s): roll_up, furl
15. bolt - adverb
· in a rigid manner; "the body was rigidly erect"; "he sat bolt upright"
Synonym(s): rigidly, stiffly
16. bolt - adverb
· directly; "he ran bang into the pole"; "ran slap into her"
Synonym(s): bang, slap, slapdash, smack
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.