Dictionary Results for rushing|
1. rushing - noun
· (American football) an attempt to advance the ball by running into the line; "the linebackers were ready to stop a rush"
Hypernym(s): run, running, running_play, running_game
2. rushing - noun
· the act of moving hurriedly and in a careless manner; "in his haste to leave he forgot his book"
Synonym(s): haste, hurry, rush
Hypernym(s): motion, movement, move
3. rush - verb
· move hurridly; "He rushed down the hall to receive his guests"; "The cars raced down the street"
Synonym(s): hotfoot, hasten, hie, speed, race, pelt_along, rush_along, cannonball_along, bucket_along, belt_along, step_on_it
Hypernym(s): travel, go, move, locomote
4. rush - verb
· attack suddenly
Hypernym(s): assail, assault, set_on, attack
5. rush - verb
· urge to an unnatural speed; "Don't rush me, please!"
Hypernym(s): urge, urge_on, press, exhort
6. rush - verb
· act or move at high speed; "We have to rush!"; "hurry--it's late!"
Synonym(s): hasten, hurry, look_sharp, festinate
Hypernym(s): act, move
7. rush - verb
· run with the ball, in football
8. rush - verb
· cause to move fast or to rush or race; "The psychologist raced the rats through a long maze"
Hypernym(s): move, displace
9. rush - verb
· cause to occur rapidly; "the infection precipitated a high fever and allergic reactions"
Synonym(s): induce, stimulate, hasten
Hypernym(s): effect, effectuate, set_up
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.