Dictionary Results for lock|
1. lock - noun
· a fastener fitted to a door or drawer to keep it firmly closed
Hypernym(s): fastener, fastening, holdfast, fixing
2. lock - noun
· a strand or cluster of hair
Synonym(s): curl, ringlet, whorl
3. lock - noun
· a mechanism that detonates the charge of a gun
4. lock - noun
· enclosure consisting of a section of canal that can be closed to control the water level; used to raise or lower vessels that pass through it
5. lock - noun
· a restraint incorporated into the ignition switch to prevent the use of a vehicle by persons who do not have the key
Hypernym(s): restraint, constraint
6. lock - noun
· any wrestling hold in which some part of the opponent's body is twisted or pressured
7. lock - verb
· fasten with a lock; "lock the bike to the fence"
Hypernym(s): fasten, fix, secure
Antonym(s): unlock, unlock
8. lock - verb
· keep engaged; "engaged the gears"
Synonym(s): engage, mesh, operate
Hypernym(s): move, displace
9. lock - verb
· become rigid or immoveable; "The therapist noticed that the patient's knees tended to lock in this exercise"
10. lock - verb
· hold in a locking position; "He locked his hands around her neck"
Synonym(s): interlock, interlace
Hypernym(s): hold, take_hold
11. lock - verb
· become engaged or intermeshed with one another; "They were locked in embrace"
Hypernym(s): embrace, hug, bosom, squeeze
12. lock - verb
· hold fast (in a certain state); "He was locked in a laughing fit"
Hypernym(s): overwhelm, overpower, sweep_over, whelm, overcome, overtake
13. lock - verb
· place in a place where something cannot be removed or someone cannot escape; "The parents locked her daughter up for the weekend"; "She locked her jewels in the safe"
Synonym(s): lock_in, lock_away, put_away, shut_up, shut_away, lock_up
14. lock - verb
· pass by means through a lock in a waterway
15. lock - verb
· build locks in order to facilitate the navigation of vessels
Hypernym(s): construct, build, make
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.