1. sustain - verb
· lengthen or extend in duration or space; "We sustained the diplomatic negotiations as long as possible"; "prolong the treatment of the patient"; "keep up the good work"
2. sustain - verb
· undergo (as of injuries and illnesses); "She suffered a fracture in the accident"; "He had an insulin shock after eating three candy bars"; "She got a bruise on her leg"; "He got his arm broken in the scuffle"
3. sustain - verb
· provide with nourishment; "We sustained ourselves on bread and water"; "This kind of food is not nourishing for young children"
4. sustain - verb
· supply with necessities and support; "She alone sustained her family"; "The money will sustain our good cause"; "There's little to earn and many to keep"
5. sustain - verb
· be the physical support of; carry the weight of; "The beam holds up the roof"; "He supported me with one hand while I balanced on the beam"; "What's holding that mirror?"
6. sustain - verb
· admit as valid; "The court sustained the motion"
7. sustain - verb
· establish or strengthen as with new evidence or facts; "his story confirmed my doubts"; "The evidence supports the defendant"
8. sustained - adjective
· maintained at length without interruption or weakening; "sustained flight"
9. sustained - adjective
· (of an electric arc) continuous; "heat transfer to the anode in free burning arcs"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.