1. receive - verb
· get something; come into possession of; "receive payment"; "receive a gift"; "receive letters from the front"
2. receive - verb
· receive a specified treatment (abstract); "These aspects of civilization do not find expression or receive an interpretation"; "His movie received a good review"; "I got nothing but trouble for my good intentions"
3. receive - verb
· register (perceptual input); "pick up a signal"
4. receive - verb
· go through (mental or physical states or experiences); "get an idea"; "experience vertigo"; "get nauseous"; "receive injuries"; "have a feeling"
5. receive - verb
· express willingness to have in one's home or environs; "The community warmly received the refugees"
6. receive - verb
· accept as true or valid; "He received Christ"
7. receive - verb
· bid welcome to; greet upon arrival
8. receive - verb
· convert into sounds or pictures; "receive the incoming radio signals"
9. receive - verb
· experience as a reaction; "My proposal met with much opposition"
10. receive - verb
· have or give a reception; "The lady is receiving Sunday morning"
11. receive - verb
· receive as a retribution or punishment; "He got 5 years in prison"
12. receive - verb
· partake of the Holy Eucharist sacrament
13. receive - verb
· regard favorably or with disapproval; "Her new collection of poems was not well received"
14. received - adjective
· conforming to the established language usage of educated native speakers; "standard English" (American); "received standard English is sometimes called the King's English" (British)
15. received - adjective
· widely accepted as true or worthy; "a received moral idea"; "Received political wisdom says not; surveys show otherwise"- Economist
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from it's extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.