1. alternate - noun
· someone who takes the place of another person
2. alternate - verb
· go back and forth; swing back and forth between two states or conditions
3. alternate - verb
· exchange people temporarily to fulfill certain jobs and functions
4. alternate - verb
· be an understudy or alternate for a role
5. alternate - verb
· reverse (a direction, attitude, or course of action)
6. alternate - verb
· do something in turns; "We take turns on the night shift"
7. alternate - adjective
· every second one of a series; "the cleaning lady comes on alternate Wednesdays"; "jam every other day"- the White Queen
8. alternate - adjective
· serving or used in place of another; "an alternative plan"
9. alternate - adjective
· occurring by turns; first one and then the other; "alternating feelings of love and hate"
10. alternate - adjective
· of leaves and branches etc; first on one side and then on the other in two ranks along an axis; not paired; "stems with alternate leaves"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from it's extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.