1. opposite - noun
· a word that expresses a meaning opposed to the meaning of another word, in which case the two words are antonyms of each other; "to him the antonym of `gay' was `depressed'"
2. opposite - noun
· a relation of direct opposition; "we thought Sue was older than Bill but just the reverse was true"
3. opposite - noun
· a contestant that you are matched against
4. opposite - noun
· something inverted in sequence or character or effect; "when the direct approach failed he tried the inverse"
5. opposite - adjective
· being directly across from each other; facing; "And I on the opposite shore will be, ready to ride and spread the alarm"- Longfellow; "we lived on opposite sides of the street"; "at opposite poles"
6. opposite - adjective
· of leaves etc; growing in pairs on either side of a stem; "opposite leaves"
7. opposite - adjective
· moving or facing away from each other; "looking in opposite directions"; "they went in opposite directions"
8. opposite - adjective
· the other one of a complementary pair; "the opposite sex"; "the two chess kings are set up on squares of opposite colors"
9. opposite - adjective
· altogether different in nature or quality or significance; "the medicine's effect was opposite to that intended"; "it is said that opposite characters make a union happiest"- Charles Reade
10. opposite - adjective
· characterized by opposite extremes; completely opposed; "in diametric contradiction to his claims"; "diametrical (or opposite) points of view"; "opposite meanings"; "extreme and indefensible polar positions"
11. opposite - adverb
· directly facing each other; "the two photographs lay face-to-face on the table"; "lived all their lives in houses face-to-face across the street"; "they sat opposite at the table"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.