Dictionary Results for tack|
1. tack - noun
· the heading or position of a vessel relative to the trim of its sails
Hypernym(s): bearing, heading, aim
2. tack - noun
· a short nail with a sharp point and a large head
3. tack - noun
· gear for a horse
Synonym(s): stable_gear, saddlery
Hypernym(s): gear, paraphernalia, appurtenance
4. tack - noun
· (nautical) a line (rope or chain) that regulates the angle at which a sail is set in relation to the wind
Synonym(s): sheet, mainsheet, weather_sheet, shroud
5. tack - noun
· (nautical) the act of changing tack
6. tack - noun
· sailing a zigzag course
7. tack - verb
· fasten with tacks; "tack the notice on the board"
Hypernym(s): fasten, fix, secure
8. tack - verb
· turn into the wind; "The sailors decided to tack the boat"; "The boat tacked"
9. tack - verb
· create by putting components or members together; "She pieced a quilt"; "He tacked together some verses"; "They set up a committee"
Synonym(s): assemble, piece, put_together, set_up, tack_together
Hypernym(s): join, make, create
10. tack - verb
· sew together loosely, with large stitches; "baste a hem"
Hypernym(s): sew, run_up, sew_together, stitch
11. tack - verb
· fix to; attach; "append a charm to the necklace"
Synonym(s): append, tag_on, tack_on, hang_on
12. tack - verb
· reverse (a direction, attitude, or course of action)
Synonym(s): interchange, switch, alternate, flip, flip-flop
Hypernym(s): change_by_reversal, turn, reverse
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.