Dictionary Results for tacking|
1. tacking - noun
· a loose temporary sewing stitch to hold layers of fabric together
Synonym(s): baste, basting, basting_stitch
Hypernym(s): sewing_stitch, embroidery_stitch
2. tacking - noun
· (nautical) the act of changing tack
3. tack - verb
· fasten with tacks; "tack the notice on the board"
Hypernym(s): fasten, fix, secure
4. tack - verb
· turn into the wind; "The sailors decided to tack the boat"; "The boat tacked"
5. tack - verb
· create by putting components or members together; "She pieced a quilt"; "He tacked together some verses"; "They set up a committee"
Synonym(s): assemble, piece, put_together, set_up, tack_together
Hypernym(s): join, make, create
6. tack - verb
· sew together loosely, with large stitches; "baste a hem"
Hypernym(s): sew, run_up, sew_together, stitch
7. tack - verb
· fix to; attach; "append a charm to the necklace"
Synonym(s): append, tag_on, tack_on, hang_on
8. tack - verb
· reverse (a direction, attitude, or course of action)
Synonym(s): interchange, switch, alternate, flip, flip-flop
Hypernym(s): change_by_reversal, turn, reverse
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.