Dictionary Results for nail|
1. nail - noun
· horny plate covering and protecting part of the dorsal surface of the digits
Hypernym(s): horny_structure, unguis
2. nail - noun
· a thin pointed piece of metal that is hammered into materials as a fastener
Hypernym(s): fastener, fastening, holdfast, fixing
3. nail - noun
· a former unit of length for cloth equal to 1/16 of a yard
Hypernym(s): linear_unit, linear_measure
4. nail - verb
· attach something somewhere by means of nails; "nail the board onto the wall"
5. nail - verb
· take into custody; "the police nabbed the suspected criminals"
Synonym(s): collar, apprehend, arrest, pick_up, nab, cop
Hypernym(s): seize, prehend, clutch
6. nail - verb
· hit hard; "He smashed a 3-run homer"
Synonym(s): smash, boom, blast
7. nail - verb
· succeed in obtaining a position; "He nailed down a spot at Harvard"
Synonym(s): nail_down, peg
Hypernym(s): succeed, win, come_through, bring_home_the_bacon, deliver_the_goods
8. nail - verb
· succeed at easily; "She sailed through her exams"; "You will pass with flying colors"; "She nailed her astrophysics course"
Synonym(s): breeze_through, ace, pass_with_flying_colors, sweep_through, sail_through
Hypernym(s): pass, make_it
9. nail - verb
· locate exactly; "can you pinpoint the position of the enemy?"; "The chemists could not nail the identity of the chromosome"
Hypernym(s): locate, turn_up
10. nail - verb
· complete a pass
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.