Dictionary Results for piece|
1. piece - noun
· a separate part of a whole; "an important piece of the evidence"
Hypernym(s): part, portion
2. piece - noun
· an item that is an instance of some type; "he designed a new piece of equipment"; "she bought a lovely piece of china"; "my dog swallowed a Lego part"
3. piece - noun
· a portion of a natural object; "they analyzed the river into three parts"; "he needed a piece of granite"
4. piece - noun
· a musical work that has been created; "the composition is written in four movements"
Synonym(s): musical_composition, opus, composition, piece_of_music
5. piece - noun
· an instance of some kind; "it was a nice piece of work"; "he had a bit of good luck"
Hypernym(s): case, instance, example
6. piece - noun
· an artistic or literary composition; "he wrote an interesting piece on Iran"; "the children acted out a comic piece to amuse the guests"
7. piece - noun
· a portable gun; "he wore his firearm in a shoulder holster"
Synonym(s): firearm, small-arm
8. piece - noun
· a serving that has been cut from a larger portion; "a piece of pie"; "a slice of bread"
Hypernym(s): helping, portion, serving
9. piece - noun
· a distance; "it is down the road a piece"
10. piece - noun
· a work of art of some artistic value; "this store sells only objets d'art"; "it is not known who created this piece"
Synonym(s): objet_d%27art, art_object
11. piece - noun
· a period of indeterminate length (usually short) marked by some action or condition; "he was here for a little while"; "I need to rest for a piece"; "a spell of good weather"; "a patch of bad weather"
Synonym(s): while, spell, patch
12. piece - noun
· a share of something; "a slice of the company's revenue"
Hypernym(s): share, portion, part, percentage
13. piece - noun
· game equipment consisting of an object used in playing certain board games; "he taught me to set up the men on the chess board"; "he sacrificed a piece to get a strategic advantage"
14. piece - verb
· to join or unite the pieces of; "patch the skirt"
Hypernym(s): join, conjoin
15. piece - verb
· create by putting components or members together; "She pieced a quilt"; "He tacked together some verses"; "They set up a committee"
Synonym(s): assemble, put_together, set_up, tack, tack_together
Hypernym(s): join, make, create
16. piece - verb
· join during spinning; "piece the broken pieces of thread, slivers, and rovings"
17. piece - verb
· eat intermittently; take small bites of; "He pieced at the sandwich all morning"; "She never eats a full meal--she just nibbles"
Synonym(s): nibble, pick
18. piece - verb
· repair by adding pieces; "She pieced the china cup"
Hypernym(s): repair, mend, fix, bushel, doctor, furbish_up, restore, touch_on
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.