Dictionary Results for gun|
1. gun - noun
· a weapon that discharges a missile at high velocity (especially from a metal tube or barrel)
Hypernym(s): weapon, arm, weapon_system
2. gun - noun
· large but transportable armament
Synonym(s): artillery, heavy_weapon, ordnance
3. gun - noun
· a person who shoots a gun (as regards their ability)
Hypernym(s): shot, shooter
4. gun - noun
· a professional killer who uses a gun
Synonym(s): gunman, gunslinger, hired_gun, gun_for_hire, triggerman, hit_man, hitman, torpedo, shooter
Hypernym(s): murderer, liquidator, manslayer
5. gun - noun
· a hand-operated pump that resembles a pistol; forces grease into parts of a machine
6. gun - noun
· a pedal that controls the throttle valve; "he stepped on the gas"
Synonym(s): accelerator, accelerator_pedal, gas_pedal, gas, throttle
Hypernym(s): pedal, treadle, foot_pedal, foot_lever
7. gun - noun
· the discharge of a firearm as signal or as a salute in military ceremonies; "two runners started before the gun"; "a twenty gun salute"
Hypernym(s): discharge, firing, firing_off
8. gun - verb
· shoot with a gun
Hypernym(s): blast, shoot
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.