Dictionary Results for firing|
1. firing - noun
· the act of firing weapons or artillery at an enemy; "hold your fire until you can see the whites of their eyes"; "they retreated in the face of withering enemy fire"
Hypernym(s): attack, onslaught, onset, onrush
2. firing - noun
· the act of discharging a gun
Synonym(s): discharge, firing_off
Hypernym(s): shooting, shot
3. firing - noun
· the act of setting something on fire
Synonym(s): ignition, lighting, kindling, inflammation
Hypernym(s): burning, combustion
4. firing - noun
· the termination of someone's employment (leaving them free to depart)
Synonym(s): dismissal, dismission, discharge, liberation, release, sack, sacking
Hypernym(s): termination, ending, conclusion
5. fire - verb
· start firing a weapon
Hypernym(s): blast, shoot
6. fire - verb
· cause to go off; "fire a gun"; "fire a bullet"
7. fire - verb
· bake in a kiln so as to harden; "fire pottery"
8. fire - verb
· terminate the employment of; discharge from an office or position; "The boss fired his secretary today"; "The company terminated 25% of its workers"
Synonym(s): displace, give_notice, can, dismiss, give_the_axe, send_away, sack, force_out, give_the_sack, terminate
9. fire - verb
· go off or discharge; "The gun fired"
Synonym(s): discharge, go_off
10. fire - verb
· drive out or away by or as if by fire; "The soldiers were fired"; "Surrender fires the cold skepticism"
Hypernym(s): chase_away, drive_out, turn_back, drive_away, dispel, drive_off, run_off
11. fire - verb
· call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses); "arouse pity"; "raise a smile"; "evoke sympathy"
Synonym(s): arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, raise, provoke
Hypernym(s): make, create
12. fire - verb
· destroy by fire; "They burned the house and his diaries"
Synonym(s): burn, burn_down
Hypernym(s): destroy, ruin
13. fire - verb
· provide with fuel; "Oil fires the furnace"
Hypernym(s): supply, provide, render, furnish
14. fire - verb
· generate an electrical impulse; "the neurons fired fast"
15. fire - verb
· become ignited; "The furnace wouldn't fire"
16. fire - verb
· start or maintain a fire in; "fire the furnace"
Synonym(s): light, ignite
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.