Dictionary Results for blast|
1. blast - noun
· a very long fly ball
Hypernym(s): fly, fly_ball
2. blast - noun
· a sudden very loud noise
Synonym(s): bang, clap, eruption, bam
3. blast - noun
· a strong current of air; "the tree was bent almost double by the gust"
Synonym(s): gust, blow
Hypernym(s): wind, air_current, current_of_air
4. blast - noun
· an explosion (as of dynamite)
Hypernym(s): explosion, detonation, blowup
5. blast - noun
· a highly pleasurable or exciting experience; "we had a good time at the party"; "celebrating after the game was a blast"
6. blast - noun
· intense adverse criticism; "Clinton directed his fire at the Republican Party"; "the government has come under attack"; "don't give me any flak"
Synonym(s): fire, attack, flak, flack
Hypernym(s): criticism, unfavorable_judgment
7. blast - verb
· make a strident sound; "She tended to blast when speaking into a microphone"
Hypernym(s): make_noise, resound, noise
8. blast - verb
· hit hard; "He smashed a 3-run homer"
Synonym(s): smash, nail, boom
9. blast - verb
· use explosives on; "The enemy has been shelling us all day"
Hypernym(s): bombard, bomb
10. blast - verb
· apply a draft or strong wind to to; "the air conditioning was blasting cold air at us"
11. blast - verb
· create by using explosives; "blast a passage through the mountain"
Hypernym(s): make, create
12. blast - verb
· make with or as if with an explosion; "blast a tunnel through the Alps"
13. blast - verb
· fire a shot; "the gunman blasted away"
Hypernym(s): fire, discharge
14. blast - verb
· criticize harshly or violently; "The press savaged the new President"; "The critics crucified the author for plagiarizing a famous passage"
Synonym(s): savage, pillory, crucify
Hypernym(s): knock, criticize, criticise, pick_apart
15. blast - verb
· shatter as if by explosion
Hypernym(s): smash, dash
16. blast - verb
· shrivel or wither or mature imperfectly
Hypernym(s): shrivel, shrivel_up, shrink, wither
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.